Omega .50 Caliber Rifle
It's sleek profile and its "swinging block" lever action design make this muzzleloader one of the simplest and no nonsense muzzleloaders on the market...Simple to operate; Simple to clean.
Swinging Block Lever Action Design:
The Omega's unique action operates by using the forward motion of the trigger guard lever to swing the breech block downward, allowing easy access to the 209 primer pocket. Once primed, the lever is pulled rearward, raising the breech block and sealing the breech. This closed breech design protects the 209 primer from rain, snow or sleet.
Simple to Operate:
Once the Omega has been loaded and primed, firing the rifle is accomplished by merely cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger. The patented hammer and trigger mechanism permits the hammer to make contact with the primer only when the trigger is fully pulled rearward. Like all hammer guns, getting the Omega into action is fast!
Faster and Easier to Clean:
Cleaning the Omega is as simple as it gets. Swing the breech block down; unscrew the breech plug; clean. No further disassembly is necessary. No bolt to remove, no barrel to remove and the stock can be left on.
The Omega is a closed breech muzzleloader, which protects the 209 primer from foul weather. Its sealed breech plug is specifically designed to avoid the problem of crushing Pyrodex Pellets, which could cause a misfire.
Magnum Capabilities for Long Range Shooting:
The Omega can handle 150 grains of Black Powder or Pyrodex equivalent, or (3) 50 grain Pyrodex Pellets. With its 28" barrel, it burns magnum charges with maximum efficiency, producing higher velocities over standard length barrels. This translates into flatter trajectories and increased down range energies.
- Caliber: .50 Caliber
- Ignition: 209 Shotgun Primer (Closed swinging block breech)
- Barrel: Stainless 28" Round with QLA
- Rifling Twist: 1 in 28" Twist for sabots and conical bullets
- Overall Length: 42"
- Approx. Weight.: 7 lbs.
- Sights: Click adjustable steel rear sight with Tru-Glo Fiber Optic inserts; steel ramp front sight with Tru-Glo Fiber Optics
- Trim: Sling Swivel Studs
- Stock: Composite Realtree Hardwoods Camo Pattern Buttstock and Forend
- Extra Features: Drilled and Tapped for Scope Mounts
- Loading: Accepts magnum charges of up to 150 grains of FFG black powder or Pyrodex equivalent (or 3 of the 50 grain, 50 Caliber Pyrodex Pellets)
Scope not included